As the pollution levels and diseases that propagate through respiration are increasing nowadays, the use of face masks with filters have become an essential addition to our daily life. More and more people have started wearing masks in order to reduce the chances of being infected, with many governments and nations now enforcing them.
With the increase in theneed for face masks, it is important to note the differenttypes of face masks are found in the market.
So what are the different types of face masks? Here are some types of face masks with filters:
Surgical masks: Often referred to as 'disposable face masks' these masks don't fit perfectly across your nose and mouth. Polluted air can pass into the lungs through the gaps. These masks block large droplets that come from a sick person's cough or sneeze, but they are too loose to protect against all types of germs. Plus, they are not effective in blocking the tiniest particles.
Cloth Masks: They are less effective at protecting the wearer because there can be small gaps near the nose, cheeks, and jaw from where tiny droplets can enter. Because the fabric is often porous, these masks can't block the small particles in the air leading to a high risk of infection.
Respirators: N95 and N99 respiratorface masks fit tightly around your face, and most of them can be adjusted according to your facial structure. When fitted correctly, sitting snug on your face, they can be useful in filtering out around 95-99% of the small particles in the air. To filter viruses and bacteria out, the use of this type of masks is highly recommended by physicians.
People are now usingface masksas a fashion trend as well. No one wants to look bad. In this way, our masks are great as people are obtaining two functions from our face masks at once. The black color is observed to be suitable for almost everyone, irrespective of gender. Soblack face mask with filter can be the most excellent choice one can make in this scenario.
Following are theadvantages of using face masks:
Face masks prevent dust and pollutants from entering the respiratory tract.
- If an infected person accidentally sneezes or coughs in front of you, you are more likely not to get infected.
- They prevent viruses and bacteria from entering our bodies through the air.
In case you are infected,face masks protect others by not allowing germs to pass into others’ lungs.
- They also give you psychological support that you won't contract diseases.
- You remain safe if someone touches your face accidentally.
- They are suitable to be used in the gym or during an outdoor workout.
Alongside the advantages,face masks have some disadvantages as well:
Face masks feel uncomfortable when used for long periods.
- Breathing is not comfortable with masks.
- All of them allow some number of viruses and bacteria to pass-through.
- They are irritating to some people.
- They can be a problem if you feel itchy.
Someface masks have a problem with durability. Sometimes if they are washed, they may lose their ability to filter.
There are certain things that you must keep in your mind before you go to buy anew face mask:
- First of all, your mask must be adjustable to your face so that there is little to no chance that some germs or pollutants may enter your lungs.
- It would help if you always went for an N95 or N99 mask as they block a large number of viruses, bacteria, and pollutants.
Yourface mask should make it comfortable to breathe.
The filters in yourface mask should be easily replaceable.
- The mask should allow multiple filters to use.
- The mask should contain air vents so that exhalation feels easy.
- The ear hooks of your mask should be elastic and convenient to use.
Theface mask should be multipurpose, i.e., could be used in different sports and exercises, while also providing safety from the viruses.
And finally, yourface mask should be stylish and suit you so that you don't feel unconfident wearing that. As said earlier, ablack face mask with filters can be the best choice.
Here are some tips to maximize theeffectiveness of face masks:
- Adjust the nose clamp to make the mask fit.
- The mask should feel tight on your face. If it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it means that there are some gaps from where the virus can enter.
- There should be some resistance while breathing. This will ensure that the mask fits on your face.
- Always wash your hands before and after putting on the mask. Wearing the mask alone cannot stop the virus. You must help your mask by washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap or use sanitizer.
If you are wearing a mask, it doesn't mean that you will never contract the virus. You must take other precautionary measures to ensure safety. Alongside wearing aface mask with filters, you should practice social distancing, wash hands more often, cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or tissue, and stay home if you are unwell.
- Replace the interior filters more often if you are experiencing infections or flu.
If you are to planning to purchase aface mask, we highly recommend thisblack face mask with filters, (https://twentydrop.com/collections/masks/products/black-face-mask)
This product contains all the specifications that are necessary for aface mask to be the best choice:
- Its interior filters can be easily replaced.
- It is stitched in "Z" shape for comfort and durability.
- It has a soft, adjustable nose clip for a close fit.
- Convenient ear hooks make it easy to slip on over ears.
It allows 5x interior filters that cannot be used without thisface mask. It makes the filtration better.
- It also comes with 2x air vents that make exhalation easier.
- It can be used during exercise.
- It comes in black and grey colors.